BTAA Education Grants for Allied Health Professionals/Researchers to attend ASNO-COGNO Scientific Meeting 2016
The BTAA grants are up to $600, to assist with travel and accommodation. The grants are open to Allied Health Professionals/researchers who are BTAA members and are not supported by other grants.
Membership of BTAA is a $20 joining fee and $10 a year. More information about the educational grants is available on the BTAA website.
There will be three awards available for accepted abstracts (Abstract Submission Closing Date – 1 May 2016):
- Young Investigator Award
- Most Outstanding Oral Presentation
- Most Outstanding Poster Presentation
Young Investigator Award
COGNO would like to encourage more participation from members and non-members early in their career path. The Young Investigator Award is to encourage clinicians and researchers early in their career to submit an abstract. The prize will be awarded to the best poster or oral presentation meeting the eligibility criteria and will be judged on the scientific merit, clarity, and excellence in presentation and ability to answer questions from the judges during poster presentation or from the audience during oral presentation. The prize will be $500.00.
- Applicants who have been awarded PhD/MD/MSc within the last 5yrs, OR
- Applicants who have completed professional vocational qualification within the last 5yrs AND are currently enrolled in a Phd/MD (research)
- Research must be within the field of Neuro-Oncology
- Applicants must be available and attend the ASNO-COGNO Scientific Meeting 2016 to present their poster/oral to be eligible
- Applicants must agree, if successful in winning this award, to provide feedback in the form of a letter/short article for display on the COGNO website/newsletter detailing the research that was presented in achieving this award
- Applicants will not be eligible if they have previously received this grant
If you wish to be considered for this award, please indicate that you are interested during abstract submission.
Most Outstanding Oral Presentation
There will be a prize of $500.00 for the Most Outstanding Oral Presentation.
Most Outstanding Poster Presentation
There will be a prize of $500.00 for the Most Outstanding Poster Presentation.